Friday, January 25, 2008

I don't think you quite grasp the concept

A guy wandered into Pizza Place the other night. He had lots of questions -- mostly, they were variations on the same question: "Do you deliver to my area?"

"Do you deliver here in Dickinson?"
"Yes."
"Um, on Hughes Road?"
"Yes."
"Do you deliver to the RV park there?"
"Yes."
"It's right over by the feeder road."
"Yes."
"You go over the overpass there, and--"
"Yes."

He then asked for a to-go menu, which we were happy to provide. He took it, looked it over for a moment, then left. End of story? Hardly.

About ten minutes later, the phone rings. Another of the drivers answers it, but I notice him writing the address down -- it's that guy.

This, to me, is idiotic. You were already here -- why didn't you just order the pizza then? It would have taken ten minutes instead of the thirty or forty it will take now, and you wouldn't have to pay the delivery charge. What a moron! I then go about my business.

And in the course of putting away some dishes, I glance out the window and see the guy is still in the parking lot.

He finished his order, and then drove home to wait for it.

There's only one way that could've been dumber.

No comments: