Monday, February 25, 2008

Bank shot

I don't know what happened to it, but there used to be a bank somewhere in our area that had a very similar phone number to ours. As you might expect, we received quite a few misdialed calls. Most of these were quick: "Thank you for calling Pizza Place, can I help you?" "Oh, I'm sorry, I dialed the wrong number." End of story.

Sometimes, though...

As I've discussed, people just don't listen to you when you answer the phone. So we'd go through a few more difficult calls.

"Thank you for calling Pizza Place, can I help you?"
"I need to speak to someone about ordering more checks."
*groan*

One day, Mini Boss had enough. When a woman called asking the status of a deposit she'd made, he played along. He managed to get her account number, her social security number, and her driver's license number. Then he told her that her account had been closed, she owed the bank over a hundred dollars in fees, and that the only person she could talk to about it was on vacation for the next several days.

I imagine the conversation she finally had with the bank was an interesting one.

No comments: