Monday, February 4, 2008

Somehow, I don't think they're gonna be making room on the calendar

The other night, another one of our drivers took a delivery to an address infamous for not tipping. But when he arrived, he found someone other than the usual customers at the door. This new person -- a friend or relative of the house's occupants, I suppose -- actually tipped him three dollars.

That's great, huh? Except he's still talking about it.

"It's unbelievable," he said to me today -- four days later. "I just can't believe it." Yeah, that's kinda what unbelievable means.

He just won't shut up about it. Like, dude, it's three dollars. Let it go.

"It was a monumentous day!" he bleated, and that's not even a damn word. "It should be a national holiday."

Hey, if it means I get a day off, I'm all for it.

No comments: